Reed is coming home from a weekend of bear hunting up in the wilds of Montana. He took bug spray as he figured he was in more danger from mosquitoes than bears. He did not touch a gun , therefore did not shoot a bear. We are still waiting to be carved up into 4 wards. I have been asked to teach RS next Sunday. The thinking is that since we walk across the street to church no one will have the nerve to make us drive up the road to the new building, ergo, we will still be in Rolling Hills ward.
Becky had a lovely baby shower yesterday. Her mother has made several really cute quilts for the baby. The food was good, too.
We have 4 weeks to go before Peru. If the cost of gas keeps going up, we may be swimming down there. All the airlines will have gone belly up. We are looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend at Cherry Hill. Love mom
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like Dad's bear hunting trip was as dangerous as my camping trip. We drove all of 30 minutes to First Landing State Park (It is the first landing point before Jamestown was founded and lies between Little Creek Amphibious Base and Fort Story). We got there at 1530, set up camp, cooked dinner, played games at the beach, watched the sun set into the bay, had a fireside (One of the boys pontificated for all of 45 seconds on missions so I had to elaborate a little). The next morning we broke camp and went to play games at the beach. We were gone by Noon. Normally our camping trips are long and elaborate with rock climbing, sailing, etc so I was worried the boys wouldn't like this one because it was so simple but it got some great reviews.
Work is fun. One of my subordinates, on a project I oversee, sent an email to my boss and told him I was "under minding" him. My boss called me while I was at the camp sight and said I should "stop underminding my people". Good times -
I sent our itinerary out by email earlier today to everyone. If you didn't get it let me know and I will email it. Everyone is invited to attend any activity they find interesting.
Look forward to seeing everyone (Except for Ana and David - So sad)
krn
HEY.....I'm still looking for pictures. Don't you know that I don't like to read.....I need pictures to tell the story! Of course, I guess it is hard to photograph a mosquito.
Post a Comment